Saturday, August 11, 2012

Random Ulta Haul!



Hey there, readers! Here are pictures from my latest haul from Ulta Beauty! I'm moving this week to Tucson and this latest haul was one of those things I've wanted to do before I leave. I picked up a Layla Holo, Zoya Alegra, a new Bohemian China Glaze, and four O.P.I.s. 





The most exciting polish out of this haul is 03 Retro Pink Layla Holo! The above picture is a swatch of 4 coats but itself (no base coat, no base color, no top coat). I had always heard about these types of polishes but never understood what was so special about them. Now that I own one (and I will admit I swatched it as soon as I got it to my car) I understand - the rainbow effect that replaces the normal shine of top coat is mesmerizing  Watching the shift from pink to orange, yellow, and blue is what makes these holographic polishes worth what they are worth.


Zoya Alegra is a beautiful bright pink foil polish. Probably my new favorite pink in my collection.


From China Glaze's New Bohemian Collection, Want My Bawdy is a pretty dark duo-chrome blue. Lovely shift between bright blue (as seen in this photo) and dark blue.


And now for the O.P.I.s I picked up. I am a sucker for pinks and O.P.I. has lovely selection of pink polishes. Koala Berry caught my eye as soon as I saw those shelves. Very pretty creme polish in a raspberry pink - no shimmer just pink.


Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It is a creme red orange polish.The only thing is that with a such strong red color is the staining on the nails after removal. Awesome color for my school's logo and nail art!


Samoan Sand is a classic "nude" polish but it is sheer. In about 3 coats, though 2 looks nice as well, this is my new favorite beige. It is opaque enough to actually lighten the free-edge of the nail creating a natural French manicure look.


Heart Throb! A pretty strawberry milkshake type pink. Sheer as well but a few coats gives a lovely French manicure look.

As always, if you want to see swatches of any of these polishes, please let me know! Thank you for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I love holographic polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am commenting again to let you know I have nominated you for the Liebester award, here: http://meganails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.